WHO WE ARE
We are a volunteer organization comprised of dedicated members with the common mission of assisting the authorities of Madison County, Alabama and all the municipalities and communities therein with the provisions of rescue services. These services shall include but are not limited to:
- The extrication of persons from confinement, entrapment, and entanglement in structures such as motor vehicles, various mechanisms and apparatus, buildings, trenches, and any other confining structures and spaces.
- The rescue and recovery of persons in distress on streams, lakes, rivers, and flooded areas.
- Search and rescue of lost and/or injured persons in remote, rough or difficult terrain.
- Assistance to local emergency medical services with EMS first response.
- Response to multi-casualty incidents and disasters to provide primary rescue and recovery services and to assist EMS services on scene with patient triage and patient care.
- The provision of any other services to the community that our specialized expertise, training, and equipment can provide.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity organization. This means that we will provide equal opportunities and attempt to affiliate all applicants on the basis of the individual's related qualifications, performance and potential without regard to age, sex, religion, race, creed, color, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or disability (except where age, sex or disability constitutes a legitimate performance qualification limitation).
We are NOT a patient transport service, law enforcement agency, or fire department.
We are NOT paid, we are all volunteers. We receive no monetary compensation for our time.